How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawry Your Own Question
Lawry, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 27
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawry is online now

I need legal advice in setting up arrangements for the

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I need legal advice in setting up arrangements for the father of my child (ex partner) visits for our daughter.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no, no steps have been made apart from speaking to social services who have advised me to get legal advise.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: ok, I have just moved to RG28 7FD
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that me and the father do not get on at all, and no arrangements that I have tried to set up to make sure my daughter is safe and looked after correctly have worked.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Lawry replied 6 days ago.


My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.

If you cannot reach an agreement with your ex partner you will need to apply to court to arrange access.

Ideally he should apply to the local family court using form C100.

The court will then serve the papers and set a date for a preliminary hearing.

They will also appoint a CAFCAS officer who will assist you in trying to agree a way forward and will make recommendations to the judge.

If you have concerns about your daughter's safety, the visits with her father can be supervised and reviewed after time.

I hope this is useful.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok many thanks.
How do I apply for the C100?
Expert:  Lawry replied 6 days ago.

You can download it directly on line or form the court website or call your local court and ask for one.

If you are unable to apply online you can send your C100 paper application to:

C100 Applications
PO BOX 4936
69 Buckingham Avenue

There is a fee to pay.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok many thanks I will go onto the website now
Expert:  Lawry replied 6 days ago.

Best of luck.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Many thanks
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is there anyway when I apply for the form that my new address my ex parnter can’t see it as a matter of safeguarding?
Expert:  Lawry replied 6 days ago.

Yes. You advise the court that you do not want to supply your address to him and they will keep it confidential.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Perfect thank you
Expert:  Lawry replied 6 days ago.