UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

On 21.9.2019 my wife was involved in a collision.The third

Customer Question

On 21.9.2019 my wife was involved in a collision.The third party insurance was Hastings Insurance.My wife's insurer was Direct Line. I am also covered by Direct Line, both on my car and my wife's car. The result of this was that when our two cars, came for next premium payment they were both increased by over £150 each.Subsequently Hastings accepted liability.,after being threatened with court action.I am still waiting for repayment of excess of £250 and prepaid increased premium on 2 cars which I believe to be in excess of £300.Direct Line Claims had 6 months to action this claim before the current virus problem and in 7 days it will be 1 year since the accident.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Direct Line eventually threatened legal action and on 26.8.2020,Hastings admitted liability. To date, no cash.This accident was in Cheadle Cheshire.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Impossible to get through on phone to Direct Line Claims. No visible e-mail address.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: For 35 years I ran a transport company with 22 vehicles and never had this sort of problem.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 18 days ago.

Have you contacted Hastings directly about the matter?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sorry, I will have to wait Direct Line high speed service.

I would advise you to lodge a formal complaint with DL in that case: https://www.directline.com/complaints

Complaints are dealt with quickly from my experience.

All the best. Please leave a positive rating