How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1958
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I am informal carer for a housebound, registered blind,

Customer Question

I am informal carer for a housebound, registered blind, registered deaf, has deteriorated so much I suffer very severe breakdowns though five times I diagnosed as not mentally ill. I have already had two deaths of friends I cared for, the las died 2018 and like that of my friend above there is no proper care plan of what needs really are AND the London Borough of Merton are refusing despite her severe disability are refusing to arrange for NHS CHC Checklist Assessment and claim she is has capacity to make her own decisions, yet for medical reason she is living on very little nutrition eating mainly Rice Krispies and is not even eating bread, has become frail, can hardly support herself, housebound and food in advanced state of decay though she has so called carers coming in whom do comprehend her severe condition.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have cracked over 32 times ending at A&E and all psychiatry want to talk about is me in respect of anger management. Am now to appear at Kinston Crown Court and pleading of having good cause to wave a knife in front of cameras at 11pm as nobody wants to know. I come over so ill of whole situation our council could not care less, and still waiting over 8 months for a Cares Assessment to be properly completed, though they had admitted a Statutory Right finally in January. I have have written countless emails to MP, Councillor's, and Social Services and the crises still deepens further. No family court is involved
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I have no idea about family courts, |I live SM4 4AD, (Morden, Surrey, Greater London)
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Council, MP not responding or hardly despite crisis. They claim she is in severe difficulty and I am not allowed to interfere yet I care for her every evening and my friend of some 30yrs, she is age 79 and I am age 73, am on Guarantee Pension Credit. She has disability payments DLA
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 5 days ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to help. What I cannot understand from what you have typed is what exactly would you like advice on. What would you like to know ?

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 3 days ago.

I am sorry to hear what has happened with your friend.It does sound as though she is not getting the best of care. You have not mentioned taking this issue to the ombudsman. I think this perhaps would be a good approach. They are able to look into the concerns you have to examine whether the care home is adopting the best care plans for your friend.

Hope this helps. Kindly let me know if I may further assist.

All the best.