12826847

My wife lives in County Central London. We have fob entry. I

Customer Question

My wife lives in County Hall Central London. We have fob entry. I got into underground parking by concierge opening gates as my fob didn't work. I then went to gain access through a security door. After 5 attempts my fob didn't open the door. Then a man came and ask my details and refused me access. I was desperate for toilet as I have incontinence. Someone came out of doors and I dived through with the man pushing the door and his self against me. It banged into my arm. But at time never bothered me. I got through and man followed me to lifts. At this time he said I assaulted him. This I did not do. He forced onto door and me. I have keys and fob as my wife owns a flat in the estate. During this I soiled myself. If he had given me entry I would have not soiled as had enough time. Anyway as I'm on naproxen Co codimal and gabenpentin so arm was only a mild ache. After being interested by security at our flat we were albut called lies and not owners. We then find out man had made a complaint of being assaulted to management company. The man we found out was chairman of rendal and ritner the large management company. As u can imagine we're liars everything he said is true. I said look at cctv as it security door but fell on deaf ears. I don't live full time with my wife we commute to each others homes. After my business was done I went home. The pain was very sore during night so the next day there was bruising and inflammation to my arm. A&E took xrays then put a splint on my arm. I didn't need painkillers as my medicine was adequate. So how do I stand with being held up and soiling myself which has really affected my dignity. Also him pushing door onto my arm
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: London
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: I have not because of my dignity. Far as I know my fob has been cancelled and my wife say the assault claim is ongoing. He is using his company managers and security as his private army
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

are you asking if you have a claim against him?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I wonder what happens if he goes for assault what do I do. Now your asked what can I do if I wanted to proceed on reporting him
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No I just like advice. Tbh I want it to just go away as my dignity and stress I'm going through
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 days ago.

Ok, but any specific advice?

Do you have a specific question?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Being denied access to building to get to my toilet is it a offence and do I have claim off assault as well
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 days ago.

Iam sorry but I cannot give you good news. I'm afraid you are indifficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

I am sorry but it would be wrong of me to avoid givingyou the downside of your position.

Denying you access to a toilet is not an offence in theUK. It might very well be that you had aperfect right to access but that doesn’t make it a crime.

In terms of an assault, on the face of it, he did layhands upon you which would be an assault. I don’t know what his justification is but in the absence of any such,that would be an offence. You can make areport.

In terms of a claim, yes, in principle although for avery low sum unless you suffered injuries that stopped you working.

Do remember that I can only give you myopinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion.Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting tolose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even thoughthey have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a goodchance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer toevery legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed tocourt.

The ultimate decisioncomes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in acriminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I haveanswered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anythingremains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In themeantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank u
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 days ago.

Noproblem.

Allthe best.

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Rememberthat I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I amin Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For futureinformation, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmarkmy profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/