Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My microsoft account had been hacked and I am unable to have

My microsoft account had been hacked and I am unable to have the issue resolved with microsoft and I am unable to access and use an account and services I am paying a monthly subsripition for. Every time I ring microsoft I get a new case number ***** no record is made in the previous case numbers that I have been hacked. only that I am having difficulty in accessing my account. I have asked them to assist me in having the matter investigated and have been sent an email sending me to a site that issues a generic form to report the matter which does not fill me with confidence that it will be dealt with, What are my rights with regad to microsoft and how do I enforce this right without being given the runaround by assstants who are unable to resolve the issue of access into my account. Secondly how can I report the person behind this scam and to whom do I report it because Microsoft do not appear to intend to deal with it. I have been taking photographic evidence of the programmes introduced into my computer without my knowledge.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I am from the UK. Microsoft operate in the USA. the hacker's idetity is known to me and he is from Fort Lauderdale. He wanted to get hold of a document I was working on, providing evidence of a fraud involving 84 investors.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have spent nearly two weeks trying to get the issue resolved with microsoft and have got nowhere. I am now approaching your at just answer hoping to get some assistance with how to go from here
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: All the basic information is provided above: 2 issues how to deal with the hacker and second how to enforce my rights to to proper service and duty of care to use that service safely with microsoft

Hi thank you for your message, in terms of reporting the issue you can report this to action fraud who can investigate here: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

In terms of resolving the issue with microsoft, you could state that you will bring legal action against them for breach of contract as they are not providing the service you are paying for or you will cancel your account. That should generate a response at a higher level.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The incident happened through USA, the person who hacked me is from there. Action fraud won't do anything in this case.with regard to the second option who are the people at the higher level. I ring them and get passed from pillar to post but never the the higher level only to assistants who dont seem to know much anyway
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
prefer to discuss this through chat as I can reread later what you advise. I do not know the name of anyone at a higher level in Microsoft. When I ask the assistants they pass me on to someone else in another department. Do you have name for the top person in Microsoft to whom I can write?

They will because they can pass their details on to their colleagues in the US.

Just send them a message in the terms I described above threatening legal action and it should get passed on to their legal team.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Do I send it by email?

Yes that is fine.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I will try. thanks