How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18392
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

What court order form do I need to access Land registry

This answer was rated:

What court order form do I need to access Land registry index of proprietary names and their variations? I also need guidance for Court orders granting consent for mortgage and CCJ disclosures on title deeds from the Council. I have an order for sale and in the process of seeking a possession order as soon as possible and understand High Court enforcement is waiting for the Court evictions process to ease after 20th. September to proceed.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

It sounds like you need to make an application to Court and want to know the process.

You would need to complete form N244:

The Court will list the application and decide whether or not to grant an order that the Land Registry provides the information.

As to the Council as well, you would follow the same process. You need to make an application to Court.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not might I invite you to leave me a positive rating before you go, this ensures the site pays me for the time spent answering your question.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Jamie,
I appreciate you getting back to me. I assume I would need 3 separate applications - 1 for land reg, 1 for mortgage lender and 1 for the Council?
Kind Regards,

That is right Natasia

One application for each.

Does that assist?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It does thank-you

Can I assist with anything else tonight?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Jamie,
As the N244 forms relates to consent for full disclosure to the mortgage lender and London borough of Islington council and Land registry for proprietary names on index for properties owned by individuals (ex and his new wife), what division of civil law does this pertain to? Is it still house possession related? I'm having difficulty getting the forms and knowing where to send them.
Best wishes,
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Jamie,
I can't find what the fees for requesting consent through applying for court order are. Could you please advise?
Many thanks,

Yes, I realise that.

Its pre-action disclosure under CPR 31

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I haven't done this before so could you please clarify what the process is and what the associated costs may be please?

You apply to Court and invite the Judge to order disclosure.

I think the application fee is £255

But once the Judge orders disclosure, they have to release the information

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
clarify, I complete the N244 form with the fee in a cheque and post it to the County Court with accompanying information like order for sale granted late last year? Is there anything else I need to do please?

I thought you needed information from the Land Registry?
That is what you need to ask the Court for.

Same with the Council, you need to ask for details from the Council

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I was checking on the process involved which needs to be followed. Apologies if the questions are basic but I'm not legally trained and navigating due process on my own other than the guidance your giving me online now.

Yes, you need to apply to the Court for disclosure.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for the clarification