Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I received a UK CCJ against me while outside of the country.

I received a UK CCJ against me while outside of the country. The application against me as an individual (instead of a company) was vexatious in its nature and deliberately sought in my absence and without my knowledge. I lived in Spain actually, not in the UK. I was sent no pre-action notice and no email correspondence. When applying for a CCJ to be set aside on the basis of no service, and that basis is contested, is it wise to stick to the argument being on the basis that I was outside the country and ignore other evidence that seems to be deviating to other issues?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

I understand that you have a CCJ and have applied to set aside.

You can set aside on 2 grounds:

1) it was not served at your last address as you were not in the UK

2) you have a defence. You have a defence on the basis that you were sued as a person, not as a Ltd company.

So yes, you should also add you were not in the UK as well

You have 2 grounds. 2 are far better than 1

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.