plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I am completing a D181 and have no idea what i am doing,

i am completing a D181 and have no idea what i am doing
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Castleford UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We defended our case and as this is now a defended case, i need to complete the N181
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am not sure
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry the form is a D181 not N181

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

How can I assist with the D181 please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Peter, weve been asked to complete a N181 form for a case we have defended but have no idea what we I am doing

OK - to clarify - this is a N181 directions questionnaire, not a D181 form?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
an N181

OK, so this is the directions questionnaire. This is essentially telling the court everything the court needs to know in order to list the case for a court hearing. Are there specific questions you have about the form? A lot will be self explanatory, but I appreciate there may be terms that are not familiar when completing the form. Let me know how I can help.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Its the entire document i am unsure of and dont want it to be rejected by the court when i post this

OK, well we can offer general advice for you here. If you want to have someone go through the form with you to fill it in step by step, this would require around an hour of a lawyers time, which would come at a cost greater than the service we can offer here for the price paid per question. If that's what you need, I can offer email contact to discuss further.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How much would that cost of would it be best for someone to call me?

I'll offer email contact to discuss a quote - or you can put in a call request and one of my colleagues may be able to assist today, though calls via this site are limited to around 15 minutes and it may not be enough time to go through everything with you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks - i have sent an email to the address

Thank you, ***** ***** replied to the email. Kind regards, Peter