How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2096
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Ellen I need to change the names on a house deed is this

This answer was rated:

Hello Ellen I need to change the names on a house deed is this something you can help with ?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No none
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Huddersfield
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.
Is the property on mortgage? And is the change of name a complete change to someone different, or is it to add an extra person.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello James No the propety is not on a mortgage and I need to add my husbands name to the deeds
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No Im happy to correspond via email

That’s fine we can easily communicate here.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What documents do you require ?

As you are already the registered owner and just wish to add your husbands name to the title deeds, you would need to complete the forms TP1 transfer of part title, AP1 the application to make the change and if you decide to complete the forms and make the application yourself rather than with a conveyancing lawyer or licences conveyancer, then you would also need to complete form ID1.

I have attached a direct lead to the land registry where you can download all the forms required. There are also user guides there that are helpful to complete the forms.

james bruce and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thats great thank you.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.