How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18392
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I think I am defrauded. I am a British Citizen in the UK. I

This answer was rated:

I think I am defrauded.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am a British Citizen in the UK.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I intend to take a step now as just discovered it recently.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its about initial action/s that I need to do in the UK to mitigate any issues regarding the fraud.It is a personal fraud case where a trusted contact denies to have recieved remittances sent overseas to her with regards ***** ***** support.Although I have sent monies she has made a false claim and I need to know my rights.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

I will outline the process below for seeking a refund. I will also advise on how to inform the Police.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 14 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If you have been scammed you can also report it to the Police at:

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not might I invite you to leave me a positive rating before you go, this ensures the site pays me for the time spent answering your question.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The claim is over 10000 GBP.
I shall like to report it to the ActionFraud helpline.
The remittances were sent between 2012 and 2018 from the UK.The reciever is a never complained about not receiving until last week.
I have requested Western Union to give me transaction history of all money transfers.
My questions are :Will police report help in an investigation?Secondly, where can I hire legal representation and how much it costs ?Finally, the claim has been made in Pakistan but as I work and live in the UK.However, to clear my end and any future complications I want to report the matter as I am actually been defrauded.