SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I have had three lots of money taken out of my bank account

I have had three lots of money taken out of my bank account which i know nothing about .My bank say i authorised them .I am not satisfied with their response are there any other steps i can take to get a better outcome.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in gateshead tyne& wear
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have spoken to the fraud department of the bank but they insist that i authorised them
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried to change my debit card but they said it would not make any difference because it could still happen again.

Hi, I'm Lea

Have you complained formally to the bank in writing?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No i have,nt
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry no i cant afford it

Your first step is to put your complaint in writing to the bank. They will be obliged to write back to you within a certain time frame, tell you what investigations they did and what their findings are. If you are not satisfied with their response, you will then be able to take the matter to the financial ombudsman.

The financial ombudsman will not take up your complaint until you have done the above - and will want a copy of the response your bank gives to you. That response will also contain the FO's contact details.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am already out of pocket and a pensioner i didn,t know this would cost me more money

I have provided you with a full answer for the fee you already paid before you were referred to me.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok i will follow your advice.

You're welcome.

All the best.