How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 78434
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a restraining order on my brother but it says he can

This answer was rated:

I have a restraining order on my brother but it says he can come my house 2 see dad as I'm his full time carer
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes going back court 22 September to see if I can get it amended
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Leicester uk its crown court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My brother is also on power of attorney can he been taken of for my assault

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Thank you.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news. I'm afraid you are in difficulty here.

I have to tell you thetruth.

I am sorry but it wouldbe wrong of me to avoid giving you the downside of your


If you mean that the criminal courts imposed the ROwith a caveat that he could return to see his father then the family court willnot interfere with that I’m afraid.

It is not likely they would remove his power of attorneyon this basis as it has nothing to do with the crime.

I am sorry but I can only tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you myopinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion.Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting tolose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even thoughthey have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a goodchance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer toevery legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed tocourt.

The ultimate decisioncomes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in acriminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.


Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you