Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
107933507

Property in Scotland - to make an offer do you need to visit

Property in Scotland - to make an offer do you need to visit the property in person OR can you make an offer from viewing on a website?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland 'Property in Scotland' Paisley.
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Only viewing on website and requesting report.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Property had gone by this morning - estate agents hadn't responded to emails - which meant phoning - it took two calls on Friday morning to be sent the report.

Good evening, you are able to make an offer on any basis. The risk is your own to make an offer on a property without physically viewing it, so it would be advisable to do so. But if you are happy to proceed from viewing on the website then that is your choice. It is always a case of "buyer beware", as in the onus is on you to carry out your own searches and inspections of the property to satisfy yourself of the condition. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks - that's a great help.

No problem, if you are happy to i would appreciate if you could leave me a 5 star rating at the top of your screen. Many thanks