plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

How do I fill in an Application Notice N244? hampshire

How do I fill in an Application Notice N244?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: hampshire england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: printed out the n244
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it, Thank you

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

What application are you wishing to make?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I need to set aside a court judgement , ive printed out a N244, I need help to fill it in correctly

To set aside the CCJ you need the N244 form and a witness statement with a draft order. I will attach a draft witness statement and order for you. You have to fill in the case number ***** your details, and adapt the template to your specific case.

With the witness statement, if you want to refer to any evidence such as email correspondence, letters and so on, you can do that and attach them to the statement.

You will need 3 copies of the bundle (N244, statement, draft order) and a covering letter to the court with a fee of £255 payable to HMCTS.

If you are on low income or have low savings (or in receipt of benefits) you can ask the court for a fee exemption - so instead of sending payment you enclose a completed form EX160:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-help-with-court-and-tribunal-fees

You can specify a telephone hearing and you ask the judge for an order that the CCJ is set aside. Assuming they agree to that, it comes off the credit record and you will be allowed to either defend the claim if the debt is disputed or alternatively pay what you owe and there would be no mark on the credit record.

I'm afraid I cannot take a call right now but your call request is opened up to any colleague that is working on the site in the law category so one of them may pick this up for you.

Just bear with me while I attach the templates for the order and statement.

Templates attached.

I hope that this helps?