james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

If someone lies about dates in a molestation order to there

If someone lies about dates in a molestation order to there advantage is it a crime? does it affect the result at court?
JA: Have molestation charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: 29/10/20 received papers Thursday.
JA: Where did the molestation occur?
Customer: It never happened, police were called and said I had not committed a crime1 I did not know i was not welcome a t the complainents house.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The complainent waited over a month before going to a solicitor and changed the dates to make them seem more recent.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

normally, a non molestation order would be put in place to stop one person from carrying on a course of action against another.

Acts such as Acts or threats of violence, Use of abusive language, Stalking, Abusive messaging e.g. text messaging or Facebook messages can all be considered as molestation.
A one of incident would be unusual.

The person seeking the order would have to provide the evidence to back up their allegations to the court when applying for the order.

When you say police attended and stated you had committed no crime, that would be in relation to a criminal matter for which you could have been arrested. Not all molestation matters would warrant an arrest by police, but could be sufficient to seek an order on.

If the party seeking the order lies to the court or deliberately gives false information, then yes that would be perjury and they could face contempt of court and face prison.

bear in mind errors do also occur on dates, so do not put to much weight on the that that they have changed dates. However, certainly raise this matter at the hearing, as it would cast doubts on what they say.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. There were arguments over child access and nasty text arguments, not one sided. Two dates are incorrect! I was trying to pay for my children. On the day in question she new I was coming and didn't message back to say not to! I haven't seen the children for two months, I haven't attempted to go back since being told not to or messaged her. Then after calling in child services I've received the molestation order.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Not tonight, been a long work day!