Mina Counsel
Mina Counsel, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister
109424057

I am seperated from my husband for over 1 year. We are

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: So I am seperated from my husband for over 1 year. We are waiting for 2 yr serperation before proceeding for +/- divorce.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No steps at all. He moved from UK to Australia Anyways... My problem is
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: I am willing to walk away without any financial gain So I am in the process of buying a property
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: But for some reason, the mortgage company is asking for any letter (legally binding or not) to proof that we are living separately
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The mortgage company is asking for a letter (legally binding of not) to say that this is the current situation
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can I get a solicitor to draft me a letter

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a practising barrister with over 15 years experience. I am happy to assist you today. I may need to ask you some questions in order to determine your legal position and I will provide you with an email advice on the same day.

There will be an automatic generated phone call offer should you wish to speak to me directly for a fixed fee with no time limit.

(Please note this is NOT always an instant chat service therefore I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. / within 24 hours if it's outside office hours.)

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok

It was nice speaking to you. This is the form you will need for a legal separation.

Send 3 copies of the petition to your nearest divorce centre, and keep your own copy. You need to include a certified copy of your marriage or civil partnership certificate when you send the form.

Getting a legal separation costs £365.