UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I would like to know which channels I should utilise to

Hi, I would like to know which channels I should utilise to check if my product can be tested. I have read the gov.uk guidelines. However, I am still unsure.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK, England, Manchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am looking into Trademarking and have just today approved a logo for the trademark.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not yet

Please explain your situation further?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.

Apologies, I have re read my comments. I did not mean product testing. I meant which channels should I utilise to check if my product can be protected.

I am Trademarking the name. However, the product is software related and potentially falls into the game category. After reading the gov.uk guidelines, I am still unsure if I can patent the product or if the product could be protected under IP

Software is usually protected automatically under copyright law. Please see here for further information: https://www.gov.uk/copyright

You do not need to register copyright, it is protected automatically.

May I help further? If not, please click on 5 stars