How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18419
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I ordered something from amazon that cost me £200 and it was

This answer was rated:

Hi I ordered something from amazon that cost me £200 and it was meant for 1 weekish and then it ran out of stock so the date changed 2 weeks later which changed again to October which is basically 2 months. They refused any refund or to cancel it as it breaks their “policy”. I am a poor 18 year old student I think it’s basically theft and I used my debit. I need some advice.
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: Amazon and on the 26th of august i can get the order id and stuff
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Chat to customer service multiple times. Talk to their higher ups. They even said they’d refund it I took screenshots and they didn’t i dont even know if it is winnable :(
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that’s all

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

It sounds like they are in breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 14 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not might I invite you to leave me a positive rating before you go, this ensures the site pays me for the time spent answering your question.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How does small claims work? And I need to send a letter to them?

Can you see my reply above?
Yes you should write/email them and if they do not refund you, issue a claim

Does that assist?

Jamie-Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you

Can I assist with anything else tonight?