UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

I got a cease and desist letter for defamation, London,

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I got a cease and desist letter for defamation
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else

Hello, I’m a solicitor and I’m happy to help with your question today. There may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi i got a cease and desist for defamation

Hello thanks for your message. Who is the letter from, what is it about and how is it I can help you with this today?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Its from my ex husband of 2 weeks wife
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Basically the lady have a company as she is a therapist. she got with my husband and or ex-husband and when I found out I asked for a divorce
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It has been a very emotionally abusive relationship and so I met this lady online who also was going through a divorce and recovering from an abusive relationship
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I confided in her about this lady
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
told her who she was and and the woman that I can't buy then confronted her without my knowledge
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
made some accusations

Ok I see. What is your question regarding this please? What would you like to know.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I would like to know what to do shall i ignore it
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It is not true she said i cant speak her name to anyone and its illegal
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Even though its my situation
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Shes also demanding that i can't talk to my family as its illegal
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Im on benefits can she realpy sue someone that relys on government pay
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (1ZG21ML)
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (TP44PSP)
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello??

Hello thanks for your patience.

I have read the letter, and she is no advising you do not speak her name. She is not advising you do not speak with your family. She is advising that when you do speak her name and her family, that you do not use defamatory words against her. In essence not to use the words "fake therapist/fraud therapist /liar/psycho/stalker". These are defamatory words and if she finds out you have used such words against her she intend to take legal action. Being on benefits does not prevent this.

You are still able to speak with whoever you want, but I would just recommend you do not use any slanderous words against the individual to stop further problems. You may reply if you wish either denying what she as said or confirming the letter has been received and noted.

I hope this helps.