How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2028
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Mydum! Can I ask a question, in ilford London, Mydum I

This answer was rated:

Hi Mydum! Can I ask a question
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in ilford London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Mydum I claimed asylum as a gay few months ago and crossed the screening process interviews. So at the moment my feelings has been changed and I love a girl and I want to marry with her. Is it fine if we want to marry,?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have an appointment in council for marriage registration and I need my passport or copy certified by home office can I have that,?

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

have sought to claim asylum on the grounds of being gay and no doubt at risk of persecution in you home country. A sudden change of sexuality gay to heterosexual within a few months and finding a girl to marry, may well be considered very suspicious and even a false asylum claim. If that is so, your application could be terminated or revoked leading to possible deportation.

So, I would seriously suggest some very careful consideration on how you feel and what you are doing.
I have attached a link to the government Home office document on asylum and revocation of status. You may want to read that very carefully before making any further decision.

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sir if I withdraw my asylum application first and then go for council for registration then is it fine,?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Please text me I don’t have money to call you

You could still have problems. Which country are you from and where is the girl from?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I’m from Pakistan and girl from Romania ����

Where do you intense to live?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ilford London

Neither of you are U.K. citizens,

The girl is from an EU country but as you are not, you will require a visa to marry. Your problem is that you are claiming asylum. Your request to marry would be sent to the Home Office. Once they see this, they could consider either your asylum application as being a sham and false, They could consider your application to marry the same, in the hope to obtain spouse right to stay in U.K. Either option in your case could be rejected by the Home Office. It is possible the marriage option could be granted, but it could be a gamble.

You would certainly have to cancel your asylum application if you apply to marry.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
They can ask for our interview as well
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
But we are in janion relationship

I am sure you are, but the Home Office would need convincing that it is genuine and not a marriage of convenience.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What should I do now,?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Should I wait for final interview as a gay and wait for a final decision,?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What is your opinion,?

I am very sorry but I can only advise on the legal aspects of what you have asked.
It would be wrong to give an opinion on the matter.

However, if you wait for the final interview as gay, you would be going into that interview likely knowing it is a false interview as the grounds may no longer be genuine.

Ypu would still need to apply to get married even after asylum is granted, and again it could be revoked if it is viewed as being a false bogus application.

The less risky option would be to look at the marriage then cancel the asylum application

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Should I attend the council appointment,?

Is that in relation to the marriage?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

If you want to start the marriage application, then yes. But remember they will report application to Home Office.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
File attached (V6V614S)

That’s fine. That shows what you would need to take with you.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Sir when they will report application in this duration if we withdraw our case to tell them my circumstances has been changed ,?is it positive way for getting married or negative impact

I really could not say. It would depend on the person carrying out the review on how they view the application.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Please tell me a straight forward way what I have to follow
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Oh oky

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks a lot

Your very welcome. Take care and good luck