How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4168
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Mydum! Can I ask a question, in ilford London, Mydum I

This answer was rated:

Hi Mydum! Can I ask a question
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in ilford London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Mydum I claimed asylum as a gay few months ago and crossed the screening process interviews. So at the moment my feelings has beenchanged and I love a girl and I want to marry with her. Is it fine if we want to marry,?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have an appointment in council for marriage registration and I

Hi that you for your enquiry and patience. If the council allowed you to register for marriage despite not having leave to remain then you would not be stopped from marrying the girl, however it would mean having to withdraw your application and applying for the appropriate visa - partner visa once you are dependant on the girl because you will no longer be able to carry on with the asylum claim as the grounds may be taken as deceptive. I hope this helps and all the best.

SolicitorRM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Should I withdraw my application before council appointment or after,?

When you submitted your application to the Council did you submit it to a council with a licensed registrar? Because for foreigners that is required as they check your immigration status with the home office. They may have been allowed to go ahead on the basis you are an asylum seeker and if withdrawn and you have no leave to be in the UK the UKVI will notify them of the withdrawal and they will not marry you. When did you submit your application and when is the wedding?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I just made an appointment for 29 sep yet didn’t submit
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
14 days left that’s why I’m getting advice best

Thank you for your prompt response. They will not register you for the marriage if you have no marriage visitor visa or leave to remain. At that appointment they will do immigration checks and they will need more than 8 weeks due to having to check with the UKVI on your status and therefore your asylum application will be compromised. If you withdraw the asylum application first they will again not be able to register you to marry as a person with no leave to remain. You have a difficult situation.