Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I bought one plot of land at a UK Auction in Oct 2003 and

Hi I bought one plot of land at a UK Auction in Oct 2003 and paid 10% £28000 at the fall of the hammer, then at completion 28 days later the Completion plot plan showed 2 separate parcels of land quite different to the plan shown at Auction. I signed the completion plan as I could not afford to lose my £28,000 deposit. Can I now claim for rectification of the Land I thought I bought at Auction?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have issued a small claims Money Claim
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years experience.

I am sorry to read of the above. May I clarify - is the area of land the same, but the land is comprised of two separate titles as opposed to what you understood was one single title? Or is this a case where the area and amount of land is substantively different to what was auctioned? - i.e. there is significantly less land, the land is in a different location etc?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Joshua, thank you for the response. The Completion Land is 2 parcels of Land under the one Title. The Completion Land has a similar volume of area and if anything is slightly bigger than the Auction Land.

Many thanks. Is it convenient if I give you a call in the next few minutes or is another time better for you?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
now is good

Thanks. Calling now...

Thanks. Calling now...