F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I was divorced a couple of years ago. We have a son and had

Hi. I was divorced a couple of years ago. We have a son and had to go to court for access rights. So I have a court ruling that I have him Friday, Sunday and Monday. Now that he has started school these already awkward days, as not consecutive, don’t work particularly well as on Friday I only have 3-5pm now and Monday is drop at school and the same. I have asked my ex wife several times to look at the days and times again. My suggestion is we move to a standard alternate weekend arrangement, with a couple of nights in the other week, as many parents do. She won’t budge. However, I now feel I am allowed 3 days of 7, can’t work those at all as I need to be available, yet I’m getting very little in terms of tea access. What would be the likelihood of a decision in my favour? If I must remain in a position where I have to give up nearly half the working week (I’m self employed) I see as I may as well as for equal time, possibly even one week on and one off.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet. We have a court arrangement that was set out in 2017, but he was only 1 then. Times are now different due to school. I’ve offered mediation and it’s not been accepted.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: The local one would be Blackpool.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s fine

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some time to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

as his mother is not being very cooperative are you prepared to go back to court?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I’m prepared to go back, but don’t especially want to anger her any more. I feel she is this way due to not liking the fact we went last time due to her not allowing access and losing.