Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have been married for 10 years. My husband won t show me

I have been married for 10 years. My husband won t show me the mortgage documents nor the council tax payments. 2 days ago I received a council tax reminder in my sole name when before this was in both our name. I have no revenue but for a rent I get from my old flat that just covers the mortgage which is enormous hence I can t sell it.since last December my husband has stopped all money he used to give me. The council tax is a reminder, never got the first one. What Can I do? And he is nasty to me and won t answer any of my questions. All he says is I am working don t talk to me . But he is very civil to other people
Myriam
Hi thank you for your message, well you can phone the council and get his name added back on the council tax account. Then you should ask him what is going on because that could be the first steps towards leaving, get his name removed from the accounts so if he moves out he is no longer liable. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My problem is I haven t got any income to pay the bill, I don t work
I understand you need to get him to say if he is leaving or not. If he is you can start divorce proceedings and then apply for interim maintenance to pay the bills and so on.