Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I used a ppi claim firm who made a claim to Lloyd’s Bank. I

Hello I used a ppi claim firm who made a claim to Lloyd’s Bank. I was told this was closed to me
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hello I used a ppi claim firm who applied to Lloyd’s Bank. I was told this was closed to me. My dealings were then closed with this firm. I then submittted a new claim directly to Lloyd’s. with a covering letter which was successful. The ppi firm are now claiming £1;000 from me . They ring me making threats of bailiffs. What can I do? Do they have a right to this money?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just asked them for proof of their dealings with Lloyd’s
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years experience.

I am sorry to read of the above. May I clarify a little more detail when you refer to being told it "was closed to you"? Was it the claims company or bank that told you this? Did they cite any reason?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The Bank

Thank you. Is it convenient if I give you a call in the next few minutes or is another time better for you?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
That would be ok now

Thanks. Calling now...