How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35771
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am trying to complete form DS2E - application to cancel

This answer was rated:

I am trying to complete form DS2E - application to cancel entries relating to a registered charge. I am not sure what is needed on question 4 or where I can get that information from.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. Over the past 5 years I have had a lot of problems the major being the death of my partner, nothing to do with the property and this should have been sorted out then.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Who was the mortgage with?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Sorry for the delay, It was with the Bank of Ireland.

What evidence do you have that it was paid off in full?

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have a letter from them regarding the title deeds relating to the property following the redemption of the mortgage. It also advises that get a Solicitor to deal with the discharge of their (Bank of Ireland) with the Land Registry. I remember going to a Solicitors but nothing happened.

Did you keep the form that they sent with the letter

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I cannot find anything, other than the letter. I have a horrible feeling that my Late Partner may have put them somewhere and I don't remeber seeing anything when I had to clear his things.

Please do not worry - it is all recoverable I promise.

Have you printed out the Office Copy Entries from the Land Registry site?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No, I didn't know that could be done.

It will cost you £5 but it will give you most of the information that you need for quetsion 4 apart from the date that END was transmitted.

having said that it may actually be shown - but if not phone the number on the letter and ask them for the date to complete the form with

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you. I think I understatnd. So I need to go to the Land Registry site for the Office Copy entries and locate the date that END was transmitted. If I have any problems I hope that I can come back to you.

Of course you can - it will be a pleasure

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Good afternoon. I am not sure whether this is the correct way of getting back in touch with you about my problem and sorry if I am causing a problem. I have been on the Office Copies Entries, Land Registry who have said that the property is ot registered and I have also tried to phone the Bank of Ireland (number no lonter exists). I am not sure what I now need to do and wondered whether ther is something that you could do. Regards

Welcome back

Right ok.

Do you remember when you last saw your title deeds?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I cannot remember exactly but I think it was late 2015 or early 2016. I know that when I was making a Will in 2019 I spoke with a Solicitor about this but I didn't have them with me due to it was a spur of the minute enquiry but nothing was taken further.

Was there big bundle of them?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I sure that there was a bundle, which is whyI find it strange that I cannot locate anything apart from the letter. I have this inkling that my Late Partner once said to me that he had put them (here) in a safe place. But since he died I cannot remember where that place was,


When was the house purchased?

Might they be at the bank?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
The mortgage was completed 2015. I made a Will with my bank at that time and when my partner died very unexpectedly in 2017 I contacted the departmet who had the will to tell them about Johns death and I checked whether they had any paperwork with the Will but they didn't. I have also checked with the Solicitors who I first approached back on 2015 about dealing with the discharge, but they did not have anything either.

When did you purchase the property?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I started buying the property in 1981

Thank you - I suspect dit was a while ago if it is not registered land.

I will be honest - this is a potentially serious problem.

Since the Land Is not registered to prove that you are the owner you should produce the Title Deeds - the documents showing the history of how you came to be owners.

Without these you cannot sell the property, or not unless you get a solicitor to reconstruct the title.

The first starting point is to speak to the bank of irelands and see if they still have them- I have found a number here

Bank of Ireland UK - Great Britain

Customer Service Desk:

Tel: 0345(###) ###-####/p>

It is also going back to the solicitor and asking if they still have any records

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Then you for this. I will contact the Bank of Ireland now I have a new number. I know that I should not have let things slide so much but with the shock of my partner dying so suddenly and unexpectedly and then my mother dying and having to help my sister sort of her things I now feel that I should be sorting out my things. When I have been in contact with them I may need to contact you again if I do not understand what I need to do next. Regards

Good luck