How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Madhu Pal Your Own Question
Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 421
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
Madhu Pal is online now

I am splitting with my partner, not married 2 children. We

This answer was rated:

I am splitting with my partner, not married 2 children. We have aproximatly 70,000 equity in the house & about 16,000 to pay off. I'm going to take ove the morgue & he is going to transfer the equity to me but no
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Sorry sent with out finishing. He doesn't want me to pay him for the equity as he's keen the children & i remain settled. Nothing in family court as we are doing this amicably & don't wish to spend alot on fees etc. The main issue is will there be tax implecations for me if he just gives me the equity.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Cornwall
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Good afternoon, do you own or have any interest in any other property?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No I dont
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
OK thats fine

Under the circumstances there will not be any stamp duty payable in this regard, nor any capital gains because you have not made any "money" essentially.

Madhu Pal and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you for that, thats all I needed to know.

No problem, if you could leave a 5 star rating i would greatly appreciate it.