How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16923
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

6 yrs ago I had a maintainance free coating on the exterior

This answer was rated:

6 yrs ago I had a maintainance free coating on the exterior walls of my house and for the past 5 yrs the have been coming back to repair said coating . Again this year in April told them its bad again, still waiting ? It has a 15 year warranty . What do I do next ?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: What sort of paperwok ?
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: DE11 7EQ
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just what to do next

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some time to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

so this maintainance free coating is not what its meant to be?

and this company is still trading under the same name?

what did it cost and what are the problems?

F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16923
Experience: I have been practising for 30 years.
F E Smith and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
The coating obviously is not maintainance free. Yes still advertiseing. £4000.00, it keeps blistering into big bubbles and bursting open , its not fit for purpose . I have many photos from 2014 to this year

Pleasure speaking just now. Next step will be quantify your loss and then send a letter to demand payment within 30 days and say if they don't pay you will issue county court proceedings against them. Hopefully this will put some pressure on them resolve the issue. You can use the attached template and just tailor to your situation. If they don't respond to your letter next step will be to make a money claim for breach of contract and you can do this at If successful, you can claim the sum for the loss, the court issue fee and court interest which is 8% calculated on a daily rate from the date of loss to date of court judgment.

Very best,