12826847

I saw your Ad and wondered if it is possible you could give

Good morning,I saw your Ad and wondered if it is possible you could give me your view on my situation.
My name is***** , I am 68 years old and have MS. As a result I have a driving licence that needs renewal every 3 years.
It is now due, the MS condition is the same I still have trouble walking but driving is fine.
During April/May 2020 I had a family ‘trauma’ and in December 2019 had been made redundant..
As a result I was feeling a bit sorry for myself and my alcohol intake went up a bit. It was only evenings and I never drove under the influence, never had a breathalyser, no accidents. 5 Or 6 years ago I had to take a driving assessment which I passed with flying colours.
However, I stopped eating , became dehydrated, had a fall at 8.00 in the morning (sober) hit my head and was taken to hospital. I stayed there for 12 days where they rehydrated me and gave me detox.
I’m home now and haven’t touched a drop and have no interest.
My question is that it would seem that the DVLA would revoke my licence for up to one year, I would then have to retake my test.
I understand the thinking behind that but if I don’t have my car to go shopping , hospital appointments etc, I would be ‘imprisoned’ in my flat.
In this day and technological era is there not a device that can be attached to a vehicle ( for example) whereby a breath reading can be taken before a journey and if over the limit automatically disables the car or a breath test one can take every time which can be recorded.
Young people have a ‘black box’ so surely there must be an equivalent?
The reason I have asked for your view is that I NEED a car to get around and I feel it is unfair that I might be penalised for being honest!!
Thanks for you patience.Kind regardsAndrew Cook.
***********Andrew***@******.***
*****
Norwich,
NR3 3AQ
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Norwich, Norfolk
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks,it a just an opinion I need

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

who contacted DVLA?

and were Police involved or not?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello Jo C,
I about to fill in my renewal form and saw all these alcohol related questions hence the DVLA are unaware as yet. No police involved as I haven't had an accident. As you will see from my original text I'm just pre-empting the outcome

Good to talk to you.

You can always ask further questions for free if you would like.