Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I want to know if I should try take a company to court, The

I want to know if I should try take a company to court
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The main points are - first I was denied a refund for an order that was not even packed or shipped, only given store credit. Later was refunded when said I was going to contact paypal. The owner of the business then cancelled and refunded all my other preorders without me wanting to out of spite. The website also says refunds are not possible which as far as I can tell is against the law. Finally, after leaving a bad review for the awful service, the owner then linked the review and my specific profile on the stores official Facebook page, and after that I've been harassed by several weirdos.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Is the company based in the UK? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
this is based in the UK, in England. I'm from Wales. The company is called Star Action Figures.

Thank you very much for clarifying. Was the order made online and was it for a bespoke item. Also when you want to take them to court, what are you ideally trying to get out of them by doing so – are you still owed money for example?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't know what you mean by bespoke item. But no I'm not still owed money, mostly I'm trying to see if I have a case because of the grief I've received from what the owner has done

Bespoke means to order, something that was specifically created for you. But anyway, you cannot realistically pursue them for ‘grief’ that they have caused, only for actual losses incurred, so that would include any payment still outstanding for example. If so, how much are you owed by them?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Right ok I thought it would be pursuable since companies that are supposed to be professional doing things like that seems really wrong. But I'm not owed any money anymore so I guess I don't have a case

That would be correct I’m afraid. If you think the company has done things wrong or unlawfully then you can still report them to Trading Standards.

Trading Standards form can be found here: https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=general&to=flare.fromforms

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback - it was my pleasure helping you with your query. All the best