How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 551
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

We filling a COP1A form for my sister to Appoint deputy for

This answer was rated:

Hi We filling a COP1A form for my sister to Appoint deputy for property and affairs as seriously ill in hospital. We also need to fill a court of protection fee as she is on universal credit. Who applies to have the fee waived the sister on the deputy to be
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just filled the forms COP1 A and the deputy to be filled her form
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Thank you. Just want to know if we pay the fee in advance

Hello I am sorry to here about your sister. If you apply for a fee exemption you just send in the fee exemption form together with evidence of her benefits, i.e an award letter or a bank statement.

Kind regards


Please click the five stars thank you

At the same time as you send the whole application I mean

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok Thank you very much. so the deputy fills the form and signs it with a bank statement etc.of my sisters universal payments
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for your help

Yes and remember to include the fee exemption part.

MarianC and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you.