NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  -
108371865

I have a question about professional indemnity. Is it

Hi My name is*****; I have a question about professional indemnity.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Is it correct that there has to be a live policy in place at time of claiming even though the incident occurred during the life of the policy?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Ive tried to put a claim forward via my legal insurance linked to my house insurance. The builder's policy was cancelled in December 2019. He did the work from July 2019 - September 2019.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The answer they came back with was that the policy was not live. so I cant claim
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I understand Joe C is dealing with this. It's been a while since I sent this question.
Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok
This is subject to the terms and conditions. However, the norm is that the policy has to be live at the time of the claim.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Will do
Does that answer your query? If so please kindly rate my answer. I'd really appreciate a 5* rating. Best wishes
Customer: replied 6 days ago.