How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 578
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

Will putting mine and my husbands property in the names of

This answer was rated:

Will putting mine and my husbands property in the names of my children, stop it being sold to pay for care home should we need to e put into one?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: We have a will which specifies the division between our six children when we die but no paperwork to cover should we go into care.
JA: Where is the home located?
Customer: Kent
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, it is difficult to say for certain. If the local authority look into this they may decide that it amounts to 'deprivation of assets' and they do have power to set these transactions aside.

We do not recommend that you transfer all of your property out of your names, children are subject to divorce and bankruptcy which can make you vunerable to losing your home.

Kind regards


Kindly rate my response thank you

MarianC and other Law Specialists are ready to help you