How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 728
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

Team. I am a Tenant and am in the middle of reassigning my

This answer was rated:

Hello team.I am a Tenant and am in the middle of reassigning my tenancy to new tenants.
My contract remains the same in the price clause, but I promised them a discount of 900 that comes from me, not from the contract.I would like to write a document to assure them I am going to pay them 900 pounds once they sign the tenancy.
What would be a best type of document to write?
I was thinking about Promissory Note - is this correct way of thinking?Thanks,

Good afternoon

I hope you are well.

Yes, a promissory note would be the best type of document for this situation provided you specifically state the terms of the payment i.e. upon them signing the tenancy or them moving into the property.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

MarianC and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you!

No problem at all.

I would be grateful if you could please rate my response so i am credited with assisting you.

Have a lovely evening.