ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I have to apply for citizenship because I have ILR. I had

I have to apply for citizenship because I have ILR. I had the following CCJ. 1 - CCJ from University which I have been paying in instalments from last 3 years. 2) Another 2 CCJ due to dispute with clients. I have paid them both and now they are satisfied CCJ.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I wanted to ask if i apply for citizenship with 2 paid CCJ and 1 been under agreement and paying on instalment basis will that be an issue ? London, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I paid 2 CCJ which were dispute with the clients. but CCJ with Uni i have been paying on instalment basis. I was unable to pay due to my father heart attack and i have all the documents. I wanted to ask will be fine to apply for citizenship application?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also if CCJ is 6 years old and not anymore on register, do i still need to disclose when applying for citizenship application? thats it

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to help

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry and your patience. Having CCJ's are factors that are listed in the Home Office's guidance re character in determining eligibility for citizenship.Having a CCJ however is not an automatic basis for refusing to grant citizenship. What the Home Office considers is whether you have been "reckless or irresponsible" in your financial affairs. So, in your circumstance because you have been taking steps to repay and you have a clear payment plan in place, this will show that you are not being reckless. I would definitely recommend that you disclose the fact of the CCJ in your application and give a brief explanation as to what caused it and what steps you are currently taking to remedy/address the situation. All the Best. RL