How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1968
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

Should been going away this morning but love holiday email

This answer was rated:

Hi should been going away this morning but love holiday email last night to tell me the hotel is closed so I ask for my momey back which was not a problem but they say I have to take the flights up with easyJet in which they say it’s too late to cancel but I paid all my money to love holiday
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Barnsley South Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: been in touch with love holiday again but no joy and easyJet say the flight is still going which I understand but I think 4 pm yesterday is not fair to let me know
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no


Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Given this appears to be package holiday which you paid for and part of such service can not be fulfilled it appears love holiday are arguably in breach of the agreement and thus the refund should come from them.

Therefore i suggest you undertake the following steps.

Before i proceed do you understand what i have stated so far?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

I suggest you contact love holiday and remind them that agreement in place was to provide flight and accommodation therefore given this cannot be fulfilled the contract is compromised. Consequently they should provide a refund within 14 days.

In the event they do not respond or provide a refund i suggest you consider filing a complaint with ABTA who are an independent body that deal with this sort of complaints.

Alternatively if you paid by credit or debit card you should contact the card provider because they may be able to recover the money paid for you via the charge back scheme or vis section 75 of the Consumers Protection Act.

Sorry I meant section 75 of the Consumers Credit Act.


I note you have reviewed the answer given.

If i have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please leave a positive rating for the assistance provided as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.

Thanks and stay safe

Anthony Chendo and other Law Specialists are ready to help you