How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 551
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

I am going through a separation at the moment with my

This answer was rated:

I am going through a separation at the moment with my partner
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: She still lives in the house at moment with my son 25yrs old
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: We are not married
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I own another 2 properties that I rent out in my name only

Hi There

Sorry to hear you are going through a separation.

What is you were looking for advice with?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

Obviously she will get 50% off profit of the house

I own another 2 properties which are tax liable in my name only

Will she have any proceeds from these

It is possible she may have.

How long have you been together?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
31 yrs but not married

Sorry, I am unable to take a call at the moment.

The house you live in, is this owned by both of you?

Generally speaking, as you are not married, she will not be entitled to claim against your additional properties if they are in your sole name and you have never implied that she was to have an interest in either of these.

MarianC and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
But I've just paid