How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 78447
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My husband has been been charged with counterfeit and fraud

This answer was rated:

Hi, my husband has been been charged with counterfeit and fraud by false representation. Are there any sentencing guidelines we can look at, the only guidelines I can find are for conspiracy to defraud
JA: Does your husband have any upcoming court dates on the charges?
Customer: Yes, 8th Oct basically, his old employer asked him to submit false receipts for expenses instead of having a pay rise because they didn't want it to be official but when he resigned to start his own business they claimed to know nothing about it and went to the police
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Wales they have already been repaid as part of a settlement
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

is this for counterfeit money?

Jo C. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No, false receipts
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
They asked him to submit false invoices and overstate his mileage
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
was over a 3 year period