13262538

My half sister died in February, her father had his parental

My half sister died in February, her father had his parental responsibilities taken away when she accused him of sexual abuse . She was under the care of social services from the age of 15 until she died . She had a mental illness . Can her father claim her assets ? She died intestate.
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Uk
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I dont have any documents but I am asking social services for them . A daughter fromhis from his 1st marriage has since come forward saying he did the same to her .
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

is her mother still alive?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No our mother passed away in 1997 when my sister was 15 .

I am sorry for your losses

Sadly I have more bad news.

Intestacy rules are strictly about biological relationships and her father is indeed entitled to her estate however morally abhorrent that is

I am so sorry that the news is not good, please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Clare, so even though my sister was made a ward of court and her father was told he was to have no contact whatsoever, he can still claim her assets . Absolutely devastating.

I am sorry but yes this is the case UNLESS a Stautory Will was made whilst she was alive - unlikely I am afraid as someone woudl have known about it