Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have paid for a marketing strategy but only received

I have paid for a marketing strategy but only received ideas. The SLA details what I am to expect and what the company is to deliver. They have not met all requirements. I would like to request for some of my money back as I have asked her to fix it and she has not done so.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted the business to request a rework of the strategy. They re submitted something but it still does not meet the requirements in the contract
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I paid for a marketing strategy and did not receive this. How much time should I give them to fix the problem?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (V6ZPSLS)

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. This is potentially a breach of contract claim- and if the SLAs are not met then damages may be payable. Can you confirm which SLAs have not been met? Has the service delivered on any requirements you agreed? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi AJ - yes she delivered on the ideas. But the strategy does not include a project plan or any details on how to develop the ideas or put the ideas in motion. It’s really not a strategy, the woman is out here over selling her self to people who don’t know any better. I will meet with her on Monday to request a partial refund. Do I need to give her a certain number if days? I already told her I’m not happy and gave her an opportunity to fix it but what she came back with was poor and failed align with the expectations in the agreement

Thank you. How much have you paid to date? Are you looking for a total refund? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
163;2,200 I works just like to offer her £500 for what she has done, maximum £700. That would be payment for her “ideas”. But the strategy is incomplete and I have zero confidence that she can actually produce a strategy
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i would just like to

Thank you. The starting point before threatening a court claim - is the following:

- I am not satisfied that you have met the SLA's

- Say despite being given an opportunity to rectify - I do not believe you can deliver the service;

- Please refund the money within 7 days - and I will return your materials.

- Say this is formal notice to terminate the agreement.

Does she have any materials of yours that need to be returned or deleted?

Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No - she doesn’t have anything to return if mine. I would like to be fair and offer her some money for ideas she has presented. Would that be ok?

Thank you. Yes - you can offer some money - that should be in a second letter where you offer settle. In case this went to a small claims court - you should have a notice first that just terminates the contract. If you are comfortable paying £500 -700 then yes put a settlement offer in the letter. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you ����

Thank you. I would be most grateful for your feedback. Kind regards AJ