How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2006
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

Citizen and my wife she is British however I just find out

This answer was rated:

Hi . I’m Moroccan citizen and my wife she is British however I just find out she was she cheating on me
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I’m from Morocco and didn’t filed any documents
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: im in EEA family members visa
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
if we getting separated do i still have the rigth stay in uk

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to help

In theory you would be required to leave if you separated. The reason for this is that your visa is dependent on your relationship with this person. This being said however, many persons tend to continue working on the current permit and when it ends switch to a different permit in order to remain in the UK.

Hope this helps. All the best. RL

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’m under eu law I think
And we are married 5 years now snd we lived over 3 years in uk
I checked in uk gov
Its said I still have the right to stay if we not divorced
It’s That’s rigth

I was not aware of the time you were in the UK hence my initial response. As it stands now therefore, you should be on pre-settled status. The current rules provides that at the end of five years you could apply for retained rights of residency even if you were to separate.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
As u know she cheated and I saw that directly
What I want to know as I’m on pre settled status and we separated not divorced
Do I still have the rigth to stay in uk
Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Yes you do. You are welcome

ReadyLaw and other Law Specialists are ready to help you