Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

One of the company supplies called the HR Team asking if the

Hello, One of the company supplies called the HR Team asking if the employee had been suspended. The HR team member has said to the supplier that that employee was suspended. I would like to know If they have a right to expose the employee to the supplier.Thank you
JA: Was the suspension discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: HR team member. The supplier called the company and asked if that employee was suspended as he had received the call from one of the member of staff
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Employees
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What were the repercussions of this in the end?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The email was sent to the employer asking the concern that the employer didn’t handled the personal information properly and that there was a breech if trust and confidentiality
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can see that the Solicitor is unable to call me right now.Is there any possibility that my question could be answered via chat?Also could you please confirm that I’m not being charged £44 for the phone call .Thank you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Could you kindly confirm that the amount of £44 will be refunded to my account for the phone call which I haven’t received but was charged for.Thank you

Thank you. How long has the employee worked there for?

You can of course get a refund for the phone call charges. Whilst I cannot process that myself, may I please direct you to our customer service team who will be more than happy to help you with this. You can reach them using the contact details on the following link:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Nearly 2 years

And just so I know who I am advising, are you the employee?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’m a friend of the employee

Thank you. ad finally, what did the employer actually disclose – just that employee was on suspension?