How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6362
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Are you give any advice about student loans &? I understand,

This answer was rated:

Good Morning Are you give any advice about student loans & ?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I understand
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: 2016 I applied for electrical engineering course. Also I was legible for student 7000GBP loan. I had some personal substances and never stat the course. I paid fully this loan. Yesterday when I contacted the training company they said that course finished and is no reasons why I can reclaim money. Alternatively they suggest start me another course in different compamy but only for 1 year, which I'm not satisfied
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I understand they may have some expenses
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
my question is, what is my rights in this situation? Can I return some part of that money I paid?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
In my point of view I paid for the service but I never used it. I understand that they may have some expenses providing me ability to study, and it fair asking some compensation, but not 7000
How long was the course?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
3 years
I see, have you checked the agreement could you cancel and drop out and not pay remaining fees?
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6362
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I checked

I see someone has accepted the call so I shall opt out.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat. So, please ignore any phone call request pop-up,they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Hi there,

If you informed your school regarding your changed circumstances , that you would not be able to pursue the said course , and if the agreement provides that you can drop out , then you can ask your school either to refund you or offer you same or similar course to the one that you initially picked.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you.