Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

If I paid for a holiday with National Express Coaches with

If I paid for a holiday with National Express Coaches with gift vouchers what are my rights in getting my money back?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Manchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Contacted National Express in May who have now referred me to the administrators
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. The holiday had already been booked before National Holidays went into liquidation.
Sorry so the company concerned is in liquidation?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can I get my refund from National Coaches or do I have to go through the administrator?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I need to know where I stand on this. Please could you give me some advice?
You would need to go through the administrator. You would be added to the list of unsecured creditors and you will if assets allow get some money back but it’s only likely to be a nominal amount compared to what’s owed.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
why am I not treated as anyone else who booked and paid for a holiday
The company has gone into administration so obviously that had certain effects in this case you are a creditor and need to claim via the administrator. As you did not pay by credit card you don’t have s75 protection for example.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I
as I bought the voucher with credit card am I covered.
you should be so you should make a claim via your card provider under s75 and get a full refund that way.