Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have signed a contract with MLA to get money back from

i have signed a contract with MLA to get money back from silverpoint timeshare and Monster rewards i have paid £1096 up front but they want another £4384 by next week are they genuine or is it a scam

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You need to check the retainer that you signed with the firm. It does sound like a scam to me.

Once you check the retainer it will set out what they can charge for and charges. If they are exceeding this you can refuse to pay.

If you are minded to pay or paid the first sum by credit card then you are given protection under section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974.

This means your card issuer is jointly liable if it turns out to be a scam. If they refuse to take credit cards, then this is a clear sign it is a scam.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not might I invite you to leave me a positive rating before you go, this ensures the site credits me for the time spent answering your question.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i foolishly paid with visa card , what do you mean by check the retainer?

A retainer are terms and conditions which would have been sent for them to be instructed.

Does that assist?