How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6918
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Its question so please bear with me, at present i have

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: its long long question so please bear with me
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: at present i have seperated from my partner and i work nights - we have a 9yr old son and when i work she is bringing her new partner into my house for dinners ( playing happy families) sorry devon
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none so far but situation can not continue for the sack of my son
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: sorry sake

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Do you have an agreement about how much time your son spends with each of you, and what outcome are you seeking at this stage?

plclegal and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
yeah so last night my son was put to bed at 11pm
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
There is no fixed agreement in place
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Anyone phoning me please
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
is anyone going to ring me

Apologies - I was on a call when you put your request through and a colleague has picked it up.

They will call soon.

in the meantime, to put formal arrangements in place for your son, you will have to start by attending family mediation - see here for a link to find your local mediator:

Assessments are usually around £30-£40, and the mediator will advise as to how many sessions might be required. Mediation is a collaborative approach and allows you to talk through issues and concerns in a safe and protective environment.

Following that, if the mediation does not succeed in a successful agreement, you can apply to the family court for a child arrangements order (see below description), setting out the living arrangements and contact arrangements that you would like to see.

You would apply on a c100 form, here:

You send 3 copies of this form to the local family court centre.

Alternatively, you can apply online:

Here you ask the court to set the ground rules for contact, such as time, frequency and how and where it should take place, whether it should be supervised or not, that sort of thing.

There will be a court hearing after you apply and a family court adviser will be there in attendance too (from CAFCASS).

The application costs £215.00, and you can represent yourself so you don't need to engage a lawyer.

I hope that this assists you.