MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
109551472

What is a sealed order, I have received this from an

What is a sealed order
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have received this from an employment tribunal which has gone to appeal
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: well I disagreed with it so it went to EAT we received a sealed order yesterday which is asking for the judge to to answer some questions
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also Point 3 –Unless the Employment Tribunal shall of its own initiative decide to reconsider its judgement pursuant to Rule 34 (5) the papers will in any event be restored for further consideration 42 days from the date of sealed order.
Also Point 3 –Unless the Employment Tribunal shall of its own initiative decide to reconsider its judgement pursuant to Rule 34 (5) the papers will in any event be restored for further consideration 42 days from the date of sealed order.
it

Hello, the sealed Order is the Order of the Tribunal which has been sealed, i.e there is an embossed seal at the bottom of the Order that you have received.

Marian

Kindly click the five stars to rate my response thank you

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Unless the Employment Tribunal shall of its own initiative decide to reconsider its judgement pursuant to Rule 34 (5) the papers will in any event be restored for further consideration 42 days from the date of sealed order.Please can you tell me what this means? Does it mean the original judge has to respond to the appeal judges questions ? Does this mean the appeal judge would like to see it reconsidered ? If not does it mean it will just go back to the original decsion? What is 42 days consideration ?

It means that unless the original Tribunal Judge revisits their decision, the papers will be looked at (considered again) in 42 days time after the date of the Order.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
does that mean another tribunal or will the appeal judge revisit the descion ? And when you say revisits do you mean change? Thanks

It means that if the first Tribunal do not look at it again of their own accord then the papers will be placed before the Appeal Tribunal again to be looked at. No - revisit - means look at again

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
will we be requested to attend the tribunal again ?

No, not unless you receive Notice of a Hearing

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
by asking them to revisit what does he expect a different outcome ?and does he want his points to be answered directly to him to him incase it goes to review ? thanks

I don't know why I'm afraid, perhaps he thinks there may be points they have not addressed.

If the order is unclear you must go back to the Tribunal so that they ask the Judge for clarification.

Kindly remember to rate my response thank you