Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I had non refundable flight tickets to Russia booked for

I had non refundable flight tickets to Russia booked for July but government advise was not to travel unless essential. Because flight went ahead I was told that I am not entitled for the refund. Is this right?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: U.K.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted by email Lastminute.com, at first they changed me £20 for the refund but now they refund me £20 and said that I will not get tickets refund
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi, thank you for your message. You should be able to recover your money. I would advise that you write them a letter setting out your claim and what you want from them. Attach any evidence you may have to support your claim and cc the civil aviation authority. You can find out more about them here: www.caa.co.uk. If they do not refund you you should make a formal complaint to the cca. I hope this helps. I would appreciate if you can please give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen. I wish you all the best in this matter.