How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1995
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

Please can you help i had my roof re slated about a month

This answer was rated:

please can you help i had my roof re slated about a month ago and a slate has fallen of right in front of my front door and i cant get them back to fix it
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: haliwell bolton bl1 3ez
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have rang them over a dosen times
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we are old age penioners and need help


Welcome to JA.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

From the circumstances given it appears your rights under the consumers rights act 2015 has been breached. This is because it states services provided must be performed with reasonable care and skill and goods provided must be fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. In view of the works undertaken it appears both the service given and the goods supplied did not meet the standards expected.

In view of this you have a number of remedies available to you to ensure you are not left with a roof.

Before I proceed to discuss the remedies do you understand what I have stated so far

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Unfortunately I can't take calls now but I can do so in about an hour.

I can call you back in the afternoon if that's suitable for you then?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thats fine when my husband comes in i will give you his mobile because we go out at two for a dog walk .

ok, thanks

Anthony Chendo and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.

mobile number XXXXXXXXXx

The remedies available to you is price reduction which can be up to 100% of the amount paid, repairs until the issue is fixed and you can consider hiring someone else to do the job and then claim the money back from the people that did the defective works.

In view of this I suggest you write to the company and remind them of your rights under the Consumers Rights Act 2015. Inform them that if the roof is not fixed within 14 days you will get someone else to fix the roof and then you will seek to recover the money paid from them. Further notify them you will also report them to the trading standards too.

Assuming they dont respond to you I suggest you report them to

Trading standards and also get a quote to fix the matter. Send the quote to them and advise them if payment not made within*****action will be commenced.

With regards ***** ***** action I suggest you instruct a local solicitor or return to JA and we can assist you with regards ***** ***** the form and advising you on the court process.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.