MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
109551472

I have a large drive and my deeds show that I own the

Hi I have a large drive and my deeds show that I own the driveway the house next door has access to their property via entrance in my drive way. I am now in process of replacing drive but my neighbour is stating he owns half the drive way his deeds show that where I am starting the new drive he has a blue sqaure in his property in the drive way his side and the other side shows amber in drive way which I believe this to be my access ?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No as I can clearly see that it is my property and that I was sold the house as that being clearly my access and ownership?
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer:*****thorpemarriott taverham norwich nr86uw
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is their a fee ?
Hi there
Do you have your title deeds and plan and I can take a look for you?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Titl Deeds Number NK85984
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am unemployed and have very little money I paid 5 pounds already
Hi there
Unfortunately I am unable to obtain a copy of them for you.
Do you have them to hand and able to take a photograph?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have them here but do not know how to send a photo so I have wasted my money

If you can take a photo on your phone or tablet and click the small paperclip above the box where you type, you can upload them.

Otherwise, I can give you a general answer based on the information you have provided.

On your title plan, if the red line boundary is also around the driveway, this means that the driveway is included in your ownership and your neighbour has a right of way over it. It is quite unlikely that he would own half of the drive way but without seeing the documents I cannot explicitly confirm.

If you read his title deeds, it should somewhere explain what the blue and amber squares mean.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
File attached (732427P)

Thank you. Do you have the deed as well please?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I cannot find it
OK no problem. Anything that is included within the red edging on the plan belongs to you.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok Thank You
No problem. Id be grateful if you could please rate my response so I am credited with assisting you today.